At the FSRS the health and well-being of our customers, employees, volunteers, and the community are always top of mind. With the recent COVID – 19 outbreak we would like to reinforce that FSRS takes all infectious diseases seriously. We are actively following the guidelines established by Health Canada and Alberta Health Services.
To provide as safe a work and shopping environment as possible we have taken additional steps to increase the frequency of disinfecting high touch areas throughout the center. For the safety of all our team members and customers, we have introduced the following procedures:
- Doorknobs, handles and surfaces including cart handles are now sanitized hourly or more frequently as is possible.
- Front desk team members are washing and sanitizing their hands and workspace hourly including the till and more often as possible.
- All team members will wash/sanitize their hands and the debit machine between each transaction.
- We are working to ensure all employees and volunteers are well-informed and taking proper precautions.
- Salvage centre personnel are being asked to self-quarantine if they have travelled or had any contact with someone who has.
The centre is open for business. If we all work together and be diligent in managing our actions we can remain so. Not spreading the virus is as important as not catching it. We can all do our part.